Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bicycle

When I was 10, my father bought me a bicycle I had been dreaming for since I was 8.

When I was 14, my mother bought me a brand new bicycle for achieving straight A's in the year's final exam.

When I was 17, I won a bicycle for winning the Count the Paper Mate Liquid Papers Contest (Silly contest, I know).

Bicycles have been part of my life. I couldn't imagine how my life as a kid and teenager would be without the bicycles my parents gave.

I cycled to almost everywhere- school, shops, parks, friends' houses, you name it. I owe my life to them.

Kids nowadays are different. They are given motorbikes and cars. They don't know the real value of humble bicycles and how joyful it is to ride one, especially with buddies.

Bicycle and life are so related as what Albert Einstein once said: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving".

Keep cycling, everybody.

No comments: